I had two HORRID roommates that have turned me off roommates until I move in with my future ex.
1. Bounced every one of her checks to me for utilities, and half her rent checks. Almost got me evicted and in debt.
She also held beer bashes at our place where there was a lot of drug use, loud people, people throwing beer cans onto the lawn (our landlord lived on the first floor so it is not like we would not be caught easily.) This was before either of us was 21, so the beer itself was illegal.
2. ROOMMATE FROM HELL
1. Used the money we were both putting towards a used fridge to buy a fish tank instead
2. Told me were not getting the cat we had agreed on getting because 1. would eat the fish. 2. her boyfriend was allergic
(by the way, we agreed on getting the cat before she used fridge money to buy the fish tank)
3. Would turn the heat AND the air conditioner on simultaneously in her room and expect me to pay 1/2 the electricity for it.
4. Would call into work when “Aunt Flow” was in town and spend the whole 3 days on the living room couch dressed in her mangy robe, moving only to use the bathroom, and not even to shower
5. Would continuously get us warning of eviction from the building manager for noise problems.
6. Would eat 1/2 my food and never replace it.
7. Not once invited me to go grocery shopping when she went, even though she had a car and i didn’t (but still stole my food)
8. Purposely broke my table on the way out of the apartment our last day as roommates (I got back for that one though, I threw water balloons into her moving truck from my new apartment. The building manager had agreed to let us out of our lease early if she promised never to live there again. I took a studio apartment in the same building.)